Second Opinion

Have you recently gone to the dentist and gotten a diagnosis or treatment recommendation that doesn’t seem right to you? Have you recently left an appointment feeling dissatisfied? If so, it may be in your best interest to seek a second opinion from a provider who believes in patient-centric care. Charles Croasdill, DMD, and his Tacoma, Washington team are happy to see you if you’re seeking a second opinion on anything related to dental work or a diagnosis. Request your consultation today online or book over the phone.

Second Opinion Q & A

When should I seek a second opinion?

There is no exact science to when you should seek a second opinion. However, in general, you may want to consider seeking a second opinion if and when:

  • You’re unhappy with your dental treatment
  • You’re interested in learning about alternative treatments
  • You’re not comfortable with your current dental office

What questions should I ask when I go in?

When you first visit a new dentist to get a second opinion, you may feel a little awkward or unsure of what to say. To get the most out of your visit, frame your discussion by asking questions like the following:

  • Do you agree with my primary dentist’s diagnosis or treatment plan?
  • What will happen if I do not get this treated?
  • Can you offer any alternative treatment options?
  • Which treatment is the most effective?
  • What are the risks and rewards involved with each treatment/procedure?
  • How do my treatment options compare price-wise?

Is it okay to seek a second opinion?

Yes. Sometimes, it is best to consult another dentist. Not every dentist or healthcare provider is going to have the same opinion when it comes to the best treatment options, so it can be a good idea to do your research and make sure you are going with the course of treatment that best fits you and your needs.

Don’t start treatment until you’re satisfied that you’re making the right decision. Get a second opinion from Charles Croasdill, DMD, and his caring team. To get started, call his office today.